So I have been considering selling a few things of mine online. I have made homemade candles and finger knitted scarfs. I think I can get my name out there with the products I have. I am a stay-at-home mom and enjoy these hobbies just for fun. But if I can make some profit along the way and help my husband with some type of income, then why not? I will write another post in detail about the hobbies I have been enjoying, however now I am just curious if Etsy is all the talk I’ve heard about it? Some people say don’t do because:
- They take all your money
- They have false products that people would rather look at
- It is difficult to promote your own products
- People’s reviews are not accurate
- You can’t keep in touch with who bought your items
- It is hard for people to find your products
Now, if these things are accurate then I’d properly lean away from doing this. I would rather direct sale or just begin a site and reach out to people to visit my site. I only heard these negative things about Etsy, which I imagine would already lead people away from it. I guess I am curious if it is true? Does anyone know if these things are true and if not how to overcome them?